For the fourth year in a row, ESW is excited to release the Request for Proposals for our 2017 Small Project Grants! Thanks to the generosity of our alumni and current members during the winter giving campaign, we have grant funding available for new or existing projects. Chapters can apply for up to $500 per chapter by April 25. PLEASE NOTE: This deadline has been extended to May 2.
These grants are designed to help projects that otherwise would go unbuilt, and to support awesome new ideas that interest your members and contribute positively to campus and community sustainability. In the past, we were able to provide funds to several incredible projects, including:
- Apparatus X,a mobile design studio for post-disaster community design engagement (Penn State)
- Solar Chicken Coop (Eastern Mennonite University)
- FloGro indoor hydroponic system (University of Pittsburgh)
- Vertical Gardens (University of Rhode Island)
- Hydroponic to Aquaponic conversion (Illinois Institute of Technology)
- Natural Herbicides (Georgia Institute of Technology)
Illinois Institute of Technology's hydroponic to aquaponic conversion project
This year, we hope to find equally exciting projects to support! If you're interested, check out the full Request for Proposals here, and be sure to get your application (including a description of the project, budget, and timeline) submitted to Suzzanne Gamboa (email@example.com) by
April 25 May 2. Note that to apply, your chapter must be in good standing with ESW at the time of application.