ESW is primarily operated via a National Team of volunteer directors. These dedicated individuals manage day-to-day operations, creation and implementation of new programs, and relations with other organizations. While these positions are unpaid, they offer the opportunity to guide a national organization and create change at the national level. All positions will require 5-10 hours of work a week, and transportation costs to National events will be covered as appropriate. Participation in the National Team offers the opportunity to engage with fiercely passionate people on a national level, and we hope you will join us.
Our general requirements are as follows:
- You need some familiarity with the organization - you don't have to have been a chapter leader, but as most of our activities revolve around chapters, projects, and members, having leadership experience with these things is valuable.
- You need to be a current member, either through a chapter in good standing or an at-large membership.
- You need to be passionate about sustainability, and agree with our mission, vision, and values.
- You don't have to be a student, though you do need to be able to commit time to the organization, including conference calls.
- You don't have to be familiar with the national office - we're friendly people, and we'd love to meet you.
We are looking for the following specific positions:
- Chapter Relations
- Communication & Outreach
These positions begin July 2013. Applications are due by Sunday, February 24th at 11:59pm PST.
If you're interested in any (or several!) of the positions, fill out the form below and let us know - or send an email with which positions you are interested in and a resumé to email@example.com. Questions and comments are also welcome.